Wednesday 22 January 2014

REVIEW: Hickory's Smokehouse in West Kirby


Last Tuesday we buried my Nan's ashes and then not wanting to end the day on a sad note we decided to go out for a meal somewhere, our initial choice was sadly closed and so we ended up at Hickory's Smokehouse in West Kirby an I am so glad we did!

 When you arrive they bring bags of popcorn to the table for you to nibble on whilst you try and decide which of the many tempting meals you want to try, it seriously took me a good 15 minutes to come up with just one (apparently ordering multiple is not socially acceptable) and I am already itching to go back so that I can try some more! 
My Dad opted for a cup of coffee and it looked so steaming and delicious that I just had to take a picture of it (he says it tasted good too!!) 

After having a sneaky look around at the other tables we opted not to go for starters because the portion sizes looked rather generous and instead we decided we would have main course and pudding (my favourite combination!) I got something called BBQ Chicken Skewers (I think!) and they were so good... I do admit it, I was licking my fingers by the end of it!

 A lot of my family opted for this which was the 'Hog Feast' and as we went on a Tuesday it was just a mere £10 for all of those ribs, buffalo wings, chips and coleslaw! Delicious!

I really liked the way that everything was presented, my BBQ sauce came in a cute little bucket that I was oh so tempted to try and sneak into my handbag! 

Then for the best bit, pudding! I got the American waffles which came with more popcorn, pecans, maple syrup and the most wonderful honeycomb ice cream!

They were so good I had to take a second picture of them!

Even scoops of ice cream were presented so well and tasted really good! 

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area, I believe there is also one in Chester too, we were quite a large party of nine who showed up in the middle of a busy lunch time but the staff were so accommodating and friendly. It was a really enjoyable meal and it was nice not to feel like you were being rushed away from your table as you are in some places! 

The food was that nice I have already decided I want to go and try their breakfast menu for my birthday (which sadly is not until September!)

Has anyone else got a Hickorys by them??

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to Hickorys tonight! I've been quite a few times and love it - their pancakes for breakfast are incredible <3 xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh super jealous! absolutely cannot wait to go back, especially for breakfast! xx

      Delete
  2. West Kirby... I am originally from Higher Bebington..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Steve! It really is a very small world!!! If you're ever on the Wirral I definitely recommend a trip to Hickorys!

      Delete