Monday 27 January 2014

Its a new dawn, its a new day and I'm feeling good.... (Academic Resolutions for the New Term)


(via)


This song has been on repeat on my iPod for the past week so I thought it was a rather apt title for this blog post! Apologies for how quiet it has been on the blog the past few weeks I have had dreaded exams and I suddenly realised that this year the marks I get actually count towards my final degree resulting in many a day spent in the library not venturing too far away from the free tea and coffee stand that our lovely students union was handing out around an exam time (it really was such a helpful and great idea!).

Today was my first day back in lectures and it honestly felt quite strange, I don't know how other universities work but due to the Christmas break and exam period it had been six weeks since I had set foot in a lecture theatre, never mind a 9am lecture! Luckily I managed to get up in time and was there armed and ready with my new notebook ready to get  the most out of this semesters modules.

My first Field Trip is tomorrow and I have a report on that worth 10 percent of the module so it does feel rather like I am being thrown in at the deep end, but at least I will no longer have an excuse to spend all of my nights making my way through all eight seasons of 'How I Met Your Mother', Netflix really is far too addictive!

I already posted my resolutions for 2014 here but at the start of a new term I also like to set myself some goals related solely to my academic studies so here they are:

1- Write up my lecture notes the same day or at the earliest possible opportunity

2- Attend all of my lectures, even the ones that I think I have covered before

3- Always do that little bit extra when it comes to coursework (doing this really paid off for me in a report I had before Christmas so I am definitely making this a priority)

4- Balance university work with general life and blogging

5- Try and utilise the Library and its resources at least once a week to keep on top of work.

Although these may seem like quite basic concepts that every university student should be doing sometimes it is easy to lose sight of goals like these when you become bogged down with lots of deadlines and endless midterm tests and exams.

I have a lot of ideas for blog posts and I am going to try and get as many of them done as I can during this term. I have had a few emails and comments requesting posts about how I stay organised at University and so I will definitely be including those in the next month or so! You never know this might be the term that I manage to overcome my anxiety and branch out into more fashion and beauty posts so keep your eyes peeled! If you have any requests for blog posts then comment here or email me and I will do my best to incorporate them into my blog schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment