Tuesday 1 April 2014

Life Lately #1



The lovely Alice (http://the-cup-and-saucer.blogspot.co.uk- sorry I'm confined to a tablet for blogging this week and cannot link properly!) wrote a post this week about where she was in life this time last year and it got me thinking about whether much of my own life had changed over the course of the last 12 months. 

Initially I decided that it hadn't and that I had simply progressed from the first year of university to second year. However all day it was at the back of my mind and I realised quite a lot had changed.


This time last year I had no idea that my nan would be diagnosed with cancer and we would lose her Christmas Day. I had no idea that I wanted to be a teacher. I had barely started reading blogs never mind dreamt of creating my own! I didn't know I would still be with C. I didn't understand quite how crazy second year would turn out to be.... And so much more. 

In 12 months time I will know whether or not I have a place to be a teacher, I will be just a few months shy of graduating, I will hopefully have a drivers license and be looking at buying my own car! I'm sure that if I repeat this list this time next year I will be able to add countless things to it and it really is quite crazy to think how much can change in just 365 days! 


The next 12 months are pretty big for me career wise- I need to work my ass off to make sure I get a 2.1 so I can do teaching, or who knows I might even be able to get that elusive first! I will be completing my PGCE application, attending interviews and ultimately determining whether or not I can pursue the career path I have chosen for myself. 

I will also be turning 22 (and singing a lot of Taylor Swift accordingly) which is a rather grown up sounding age. I will be starting to save for a deposit so my poor parents don't have to put up with me forever! Although anyone who trusts me with an entire place to myself has to be a little insane! 

The picture above was found on Pinterest and I've decided it was a good set of ideals for me to try and follow these next twelve months, I think I will print it off and put it at the front of my filofax to remind me daily as I am one of those people who has a habit of getting caught up in the moment and clouding my view of the bigger picture with copious amounts of stress! 

So who knows what the next twelve months have in store for me but one thing is for sure I am going to do my best to get where I want to and enjoy myself along the way! 

What about you- what plans do you have? :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment