Friday 25 July 2014

REVIEW: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion


When I was younger, more often than not you would find me with my head buried in a book, however during GCSES, A-Levels and consequently University I have fallen out of the habit. Faced with the prospect of days on end of revision during my last term I decided that I wanted to purchase a new book to read. For me when I have a break from revision, I find that I like to completely switch off from technology and anything academic and order for a book to keep me from checking my phone every 5 minutes, it has to be good. 

The Rosie Project did not disappoint at all! I frequently found myself extending my revision breaks to try and fit in another chapter (or two!) of this book. Graeme Simsion is an incredibly talented writer and as soon as I can, I am going to try and get my hands on some more of his books (and if there aren't any published yet, I intend on pre-ordering an unwritten book!).

Don is a scientist at a University in Australia and lives his life by a very strict routine (think OCD levels of Sheldon Cooper) and he embarks on trying to find the perfect wife using a quiz based on all sorts of obscure preferences such as the amount of alcohol drank and their favourite ice cream flavour. A colleague at the University sends a girl called Rosie to the office of Don under the premise that she had passed his quiz with flying colours. Little did Don know that Rosie wasnt even aware of the quiz, let alone partaken in it. The pair begin to date leading to Don offering to aid Rosie in finding the identity of her birth father. As the relationship between Don and Rosie evolves, this book becomes more and more of a page turner! 

If you are looking for a book to pack for the pool or beach then this comes highly recommended! 

Have you read the book yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment